Envelopes DO NOT BELONG to one person, they are available for selection by hundreds or even thousands of buyers. You do not purchase an envelope number, you select one.
ONLY the one draw winner picks an envelope and ONLY the one winner can win the jackpot. He/she has their envelope opened, if it is the Ace of Spades, they win the weekly and progressive jackpot, if it is not, they win just the weekly jackpot and that envelope number is retired from play and there is one less envelope in next week’s draw.
It does not matter how many people select the same envelope number, again, it only matters to the one person whose ticket is drawn, ONLY that one person can win the jackpot. Catch the Ace rules are specified by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
If you received the on-screen notification thanking you for your purchase, your tickets are in the draw automatically.
There are three reasons purchasers are not receiving their email receipts which are automated;
- The notification is in their spam folder 75% of the time,
- They entered their email incorrectly, therefore, are not notified; and,
- The email was sent to their server but the purchaser’s server rejected the email receipt due to their security settings or provider’s settings. This is not a problem with our website, it is in your personal settings.
You do not require a receipt to win, everything is captured on our servers.
However, if you want to check, please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can verify your purchases; if you do so please indicate that you have already checked your spam folder, your name on the tickets and when you purchased them. We will send an email back verifying your data and also confirming your envelope choices.
If you absolutely require a receipt, for example as a gift etc., please send us an e-mail exactly as above, indicating you have already checked your spam folder, your name on the tickets and when you purchased them and that you require a receipt. It will be forwarded to you again from the CMH Foundation or a personal email account.
The Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation its emails very regularly. Contact us for Catch the Ace Help Desk requirements at email@example.com
Contact us for regular communications at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario’s lottery rules clearly state that tickets can only be purchased within the Province of Ontario. If you are visiting Ontario, you are eligible to play as long as the ticket(s) are purchased at the time you are physically within the province.
However, if you are in Ontario and using a computer/device/service provider from outside the Province of Ontario, our geo location software may indicate you are not in the Province.
As well, we are finding that some of the computers/devices in areas near provincial borders are routed through the neighbouring province through a Quebec or Manitoba based IP address, or their ‘new’ ISP is not providing a valid IP address, thereby indicating you are not within the province. You may check where your device is routed through https://whatismyipaddress.com/
If this is the case, we offer you the following options to purchase tickets;
- Reboot your device as it probably contains history/cache with out of province connections.
- Allow/show your device’s location.
- Follow the instructions on our Location Troubleshooting page Location Troubleshooting
- Finally, if none of these solutions work, please email us at email@example.com with the caption/subject line PURCHASE…someone will contact you shortly to assist with your online purchase.
Only the remaining available envelope numbers appear when ordering tickets online. You must select an envelope number for each ticket purchased. You may select different envelope numbers, or the same envelope number for multiple purchases. It is only the one ticket drawn from the raffle bin that counts.
You can make your purchase of multiple tickets with multiple envelope choices in one transaction.
Catch the Ace is a progressive lottery.
We start by shuffling the 52 cards of a playing deck, placing them backs up so we cannot see the cards, then sliding each one into its own envelope, again, without viewing them. The envelopes are then sealed, re-shuffled, then we number the sealed envelopes from 1 – 52. We do not know what cards are in which envelopes.
Tickets are sold both online and in paper ticket formats. The buyer enters their name, phone number and envelope choice. Online ticket stubs and paper ticket stubs are the exact same size, colour, stock and weight. All tickets purchased between 6 PM Thursday and approximately 2 PM the next Thursday (online tickets sales cease at 11:59 PM Wednesday) are placed into the raffle bin.
Each week, we conduct a draw of all tickets purchased that week (tickets are good for only the one week of the draw) at 4:00 PM at the Campbellford Memorial Hospital. Only one ticket is drawn from the raffle bin.
That one winner, wins 20% of the total sales for that week or basically $2.00 for every ticket sold. 30% of the sales every week are put towards the progressive jackpot.
ONLY the one draw winner picks an envelope and ONLY the one winner can win the jackpot. He/she has their chosen envelope opened, if it is the Ace of Spades, they win the jackpot, if it is not, that envelope number is retired from play and there is one less envelope in next week’s draw.
It is irrelevant how many people select the same envelope number, again, it only matters to the one person whose ticket is drawn, ONLY that one person can win the jackpot. The lottery continues each week until the Ace of Spades is selected by the raffle draw winner.
- Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation 146 Oliver Road, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
- Sharpe’s Food Market 85 Front Street North, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
- Campbellford Chrysler 531 Grand Road, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
- MacLaren IDA Pharmacy 79 Bridge Street East, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
- Giant Tiger 547 Grand Rd Campbellford, Ontario K0L 1L0
- Newman Insurance 35 Front Street North, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
- Thompson Farm Supply 460 County Rd 38, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
- Centre Store, 108 Centre St, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
- Remedy’s RX Warkworth Pharmacy 26 Main Street, Warkworth, ON K0K 3K0
- Remedy’s RX Hastings Pharmacy 6 Front Street Est, Hastings, ON K0L 1Y0
- Todd’s Valu-mart 52 Bridge Street North, Hastings, ON K0L 1Y0
- McKeown Motor Sales 2589 Spring Brook Road, Springbrook, ON K0K 3C0
- R & S Home Hardware Stirling 9 Tuftsville Road RR4, Stirling, ON K0K 3E0
- The Pro One Stop 208 North Street, Stirling, ON K0K 3E0
- Guardian – Stirling Pharmacy 9 Tuftsville Rd. Unit D, Stirling, ON K0K 3E0
- Havelock Guardian Pharmacy 44 Ottawa Street West, Havelock, ON K0L 1Z0
- Carquest 114 Concession St N, Havelock, ON K0L 1Z0
- Sam’s Place General Store 3320 County Rd 48, Havelock, ON K0L 1Z0
- J.J. Stewart Motors 2239 Asphodel 8th Line, Norwood, ON K0L 2V0
- The Red Barn Country Market 103 Lonsberry Road, Roseneath, ON K0K 2X0
- Guardian Marmora Pharmacy 28 Forsyth St. Marmora, ON K0K 2M0
- Possibilities Inc. 14 Forsyth St. Marmora, ON K0K 2M0
- Global PharmaChoice Pharmacy 19 Elizabeth Street, Brighton, ON K0K 1H0
The Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation’s Catch the Ace licence number is RAF1297483, as provided by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.