Rules of Play
CTA 4 Lottery License #RAF1297483
- Participants must be 18 years of age or older to purchase tickets. Any minor purchasing tickets will be disqualified from participating in the draw or winning.
- Tickets cannot be purchased in a minor’s name or on their behalf. They and their ticket will be disqualified from participating in the draw or winning.
- Regardless of your home address, participants must be physically in the Province of Ontario at the time of purchase, whether online tickets or paper tickets. If tickets were purchased while not physically in the Province, they and their ticket will be disqualified from participating in the draw or winning.
- Tickets are $10.00 each. Credit and some debit cards are accepted as payment when purchasing tickets online at cmhcatchtheace.ca. Cash, point of sale debit/credit machines may also be used for paper ticket sales.
- There is no limit to the number of tickets available for purchase.
- The purchaser DOES NOT need to be present at the draw to win.
- The purchaser does not require the email confirmation or ticket stub to redeem their prize. The winning ticket holder will be notified by phone and advised when and where they can claim their prize. Photo identification will be required to claim any prize. All prizes will be paid by cheque, in Canadian funds, to the person named on the winning ticket.
- All online tickets receipts will be delivered via email only, within 24 hours of the order confirmation. It is the responsibility of the ticket purchaser to ensure they receive their receipt, however, purchasers do not need their receipt to be included in the draws or to win. If you have not received your receipts and still require them, please contact Help Desk support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tickets are only valid for the draw held during the week they were purchased (Except for start-ups or exceptional circumstances). The week begins Thursday at 5 PM when a new series of ticket numbers are made available. Paper tickets are available at retail partners until noon each Thursday (Draw Day) and until 2:00 PM at the Campbellford Memorial Hospital (CMH) Foundation Office. Online ticket sales cease at 12 noon Thursday (Draw Day), followed by the weekly draw at 4:00 PM Thursdays.
- For in-person purchase of paper tickets, the purchaser must not deface or alter the ticket by adding address stickers or anything that differentiates the ticket in weight, size or feel. Any ticket found that has been altered as above noted will be removed from the draw or disqualified if found in the drum during the raffle draw.
- For in-person purchase of paper tickets, the purchaser must:
- Fill in the ticket, including name, phone number and one (1) envelope number (per ticket). Enter a valid envelope number (1 to 52) from the list of available numbers on display at the sales location.
- Ensure the ticket is filled out completely and legibly.
- For on-line purchase of tickets, the purchaser must:
- Enter details, including name, email, contact information and one (1) envelope number. Select a valid envelope number (1 to 52) from the list of available numbers on the drop-down list.
- Complete the secure payment process using a valid credit or debit card.
- Details (name of purchaser, contact information and envelope # selected) of tickets purchased on-line will be printed onto paper of the identical size, stock and weight as tickets used for in-person sales and entered into the draw.
- Group Play:
- Group play is allowed and encouraged.
- Group play is considered to be more than two individuals per raffle ticket.
- The person in charge of the group of players (the captain) will print their first name and last name on the ticket followed by the word “captain” or “capn” in brackets after their last name.
- The name of the group should be printed on the back of the ticket.
- Any resulting winnings will be paid to the captain of the group. The designated group play captain shall be the person responsible for the fair and equitable distribution of the prize money among the group play members.
- Each Thursday at 4:00 PM at Campbellford Memorial Hospital, 146 Oliver Rd., Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0 (1) one ticket will be randomly drawn by a Catch the Ace Bonafide Member from all tickets sold that week (both in-person and on-line). Only one (1) ticket will be drawn each week. The envelope number shown on the ticket will be opened.
- If it is deemed necessary by the Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation Bonafide Members to move the draw to a larger or safer/isolated location, AGCO will be notified of the location change. The public will also be informed using social media. Alternatives to the Campbellford Memorial Hospital, 146 Oliver Road, Campbellford, ON site include:
- Masonic Hall, 53 Front S, Campbellford, ON
- Rotary Hall, 179 Saskatoon Ave., Campbellford ON
- The winning ticket holder will win 20% of the weekly ticket sales and a chance to draw for the current Catch the Ace progressive jackpot. The envelope number as shown on the ticket will be opened.
- If the drawn ticket does not have an envelope number a Catch the Ace Bonafide Member will make one (1) attempt to contact the ticket holder at the phone number indicated on the ticket. The ticket holder will be asked to select a number from the remaining envelope numbers available and that card will be revealed. If unsuccessful in contacting the ticket holder, the lowest remaining envelope number will be selected by the Catch the Ace Bonafide Member.
- If the drawn ticket contains a number that is no longer available (i.e. previously opened) a Catch the Ace Bonafide Member will make one (1) attempt to contact the ticket holder at the phone number indicated on the ticket. The ticket holder will be asked to select a number from the remaining envelope numbers available and that card will be revealed. If unsuccessful in contacting the holder, the next lowest remaining envelope number will be selected by the Catch the Ace Bonafide Member.
- If the envelope selected contains the Ace of Spades, the ticket holder receives the amount in the Catch the Ace progressive jackpot. This will conclude the series of draws for this raffle. If the envelope selected does not contain the Ace of Spades, the card will be destroyed, and the envelope number is removed from the subsequent draws.
- Distribution of weekly ticket sales revenue is as follows:
- 20% to the winning ticket holder;
- 30% will be added to the progressive jackpot;
- 50% will go to the Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation, to be used for the purchase of priority equipment for the Campbellford Memorial Hospital following deduction of legitimate expenses through the registered charity operating in Trent Hills, Ontario; the Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation CHARITABLE REGISTRATION NUMBER: 118826650RR0001
- All draws will be video recorded to ensure raffle integrity. This includes the drawing of the ticket, selection of the envelope, opening the envelope and revealing the card, and destruction of the card.
- All Bonafide Members who conduct and manage the draw MUST NOT HAVE A TICKET IN THE DRAW IN THEIR NAME or have someone purchase a ticket for them in their name for that weekly draw. This restriction will also apply to members of the CMH Foundation Board of Directors, CMH Foundation Staff Members and the Chief Executive Officer and the Chief Financial Officer of the Campbellford Memorial Hospital.
- Staff of the Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation and Catch the Ace Bonafide Members may assist in purchasing Catch the Ace tickets for others having technical or other difficulties in doing so, as long as they meet all other eligibility requirements.
- Any winner who is paid a prize agrees to grant to the Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation an irrevocable right to publish, through all types of media broadcasting, including the internet, for the purposes of promoting the win, their full name, hometown and photograph without any claim for broadcasting, printing or other rights.
- The winner who is paid a prize also gives to the Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation the right to publish any additional information they voluntarily provide. The winner shall have no claim against the Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation or Campbellford Memorial Hospital for invasion of privacy or any other ground(s) by reason of the publication or broadcasting of their name, hometown or photograph or information voluntarily provided by the winner.
- The winner will provide their full name, address and phone number to the Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation for reporting requirements to AGCO. The address and phone number will NOT be made public.
- Results of the draw will be posted on the Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation’s Catch the Ace website at cmhcatchtheace.ca, via Mailchimp to Catch the Ace subscribers and on the Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation’s Social Media channels, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages and distributed to local media. Once the Ace of Spades is revealed, the game is concluded, and AGCO is notified immediately.
- Card Draw Week 52 – If the lottery proceeds until week 52, that is, when there is just one unopened envelope remaining, there is no need for anyone to choose an envelope number as this remaining envelope will naturally contain the ace of spades. At that last weekly draw the winning ticket holder will receive the weekly prize of 20% of the weekly ticket sales in addition to the jackpot increase of 30% of weekly sales combined with the jackpot prize amount to date. In other words, winner takes all.
- The raffle will be run until the Ace of Spades has been revealed.
- This raffle operates under the terms and conditions of AGCO.
- The Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation reserves the right to prohibit or refuse ticket sales to any individual.
- The jackpot and weekly win estimates are just that…estimates. The Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation uses graphs and calculations based on previous performance and sales to estimate jackpot and weekly win amounts, however, they are best estimates only and the actual figures only will be redeemed. The exact amount of the weekly draw prize and the progressive jackpot will be announced prior to each draw.
- Prizes will be secured for a period of six (6) months following each weekly draw. Unclaimed prizes will be reported to, and a charitable allocation will be approved by, the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario.
- By purchasing a ticket in the Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation’s Catch the Ace Progressive Raffle, the purchaser acknowledges they have read, understood, and agreed to these rules. All inquiries regarding the conduct, chance of winning, prizing or procedures of lotteries are to be made to the Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation prior to the purchase of an online or paper ticket.
- At least two Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation Catch the Ace Bonafide Members must participate in the creation of the 52 new envelopes for the new draw. The creation of the new envelopes is recorded and available on the CMH Foundation’s Facebook page for public view.
- A new deck of 52 playing cards is shuffled thoroughly and placed face down. They are then individually placed into envelopes (cards are still face down) and sealed. Once all 52 cards have been placed into envelopes and sealed, they are again shuffled/mixed. They are then numbered/labelled individually from 1 – 52, then placed in numerical order in a locked display case.
- The locked display case is held securely in the possession of the Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation.
Ticket Sales Location:
Trent Hills (Campbellford, Hastings, Warkworth), Asphodel –Norwood (Norwood), Havelock-Belmont Methuen (Havelock), Marmora & Lake (Marmora), Stirling-Rawdon (Stirling/Springbrook), Alnwick/Haldimand (Roseneath), Municipality of Brighton (Brighton)
- Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation 146 Oliver Road, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
- Campbellford Memorial Hospital Gift Shop 146 Oliver Road, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
- Sharpe’s Food Market 85 Front Street North, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
- Campbellford Chrysler 531 Grand Road, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
- MacLaren IDA Pharmacy 79 Bridge Street East, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
- Giant Tiger 547 Grand Rd Campbellford, Ontario K0L 1L0
- Newman Insurance 35 Front Street North, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
- J. Thompson Farm Supply 460 County Rd 38, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
- Centre Store, 108 Centre St, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
- Remedy’s RX Warkworth Pharmacy 26 Main Street, Warkworth, ON K0K 3K0
- Remedy’s RX Hastings Pharmacy 6 Front Street Est, Hastings, ON K0L 1Y0
- Todd’s Valu-mart 52 Bridge Street North, Hastings, ON K0L 1Y0
- McKeown Motor Sales 2589 Spring Brook Road, Springbrook, ON K0K 3C0
- R & S Home Hardware Stirling 9 Tuftsville Road RR4, Stirling, ON K0K 3E0
- Guardian – Stirling Pharmacy 9 Tuftsville Rd Unit D, Stirling, ON K0K 3E0
- The Pro One Stop 208 North Street, Stirling, ON K0K 3E0
- Havelock Guardian Pharmacy 44 Ottawa Street West, Havelock, ON K0L 1Z0
- Carquest 114 Concession St N, Havelock, ON K0L 1Z0
- Sam’s Place General Store 3320 County Rd 48, Havelock, ON K0L 1Z0
- J. Stewart Motors 2239 Asphodel 8th Line, Norwood, ON K0L 2V0
- The Red Barn Country Market 103 Lonsberry Road, Roseneath, ON K0K 2X0
- Guardian Marmora Pharmacy 28 Forsyth St. Marmora, ON K0K 2M0
- Possibilities Inc. 14 Forsyth St. Marmora, ON K0K 2M0
- Global PharmaChoice Pharmacy 19 Elizabeth Street, Brighton, ON K0K 1H0
Additional Sales Locations – Currently the CMH Foundation has 24 ticket sales locations. As the raffle grows additional selling locations may be considered under the guidance of the AGCO.
- The Catch the Ace report Form 6044E, along with all supporting documentation will be submitted to the licensing authority within seven (7) calendar days after every fourth draw.
- Any and all concerns or complaints with this process are to be brought to the attention of the licensee: Campbellford Memorial Hospital Foundation, 146 Oliver Road, Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0 email@example.com